The Resume of Jacob Nollette
Jacob Nollette — Web Systems Engineer: a creative full stack developer with continuous integration and system building experiance. Jacob’s strengths span from developing front-end responsiveness, back-end gateway applications, administering Linux server, and designing dev ops pipelines. Jacob excels with Linux systems, contianers, UI/UX, and SEO. In a past life, Jacob was an interactive media ninja, so he is enthusiastic about design and filmmaking.
- DevSecOps for container based workflows
- Gitlab ci/cd
- PHP-based docker containers
- PFSense developer network, and point to point networking
- Freenas storage endpoints
- WordPress theme building
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social media integrations
- Agile story writing
- Version control (GIT)
- Linux server automation (linux)
- Containers (Docker)
Luminfire – Systems Engineer // 2018 — Current
- Standing up and maintaining Linux hosts and PHP WordPress Environments
- Securing and administering data lakes and backup retention policies
- Providing risk managment consultation, and implimenting company wide standard operating procedures
- Securing and administering IAM, KMS, and RSA credentials across multiple public cloud vendors, and multiple teams of developers
- Providing support for Code Repositories and Container Registries
- Provided support for continuous integration, testing, and deployment pipelines
- Maintaining and reporting large gateway web applications, services, and static caches, and identifying performance characteristics
- Budgeting and optimizing costs for multitenant server networks
- Supporting physical office WAPs, network VLANS, and VPN for super secure developer networks
- Skills with Ubuntu, MacOS, Windows, PFSense, FreeNAS, Docker, Gitlab, and LEMP
- Has worked as a WordPress developer, with additional use of PHP for other application to supplement.
- Provided horizontal scalling, load balancing, and HA for WordPress sites
- Provided code for PHP MVC’s, and form validation
- Provided LEMP (NGINX) and/or LAMP (Apache) hosting on Ubuntu or Debian.
- Deployed Docker containers in production
- Deployed Capastrano continuous integration
- Configured a load balanced server setup with (nginx)
- Used network shared file system for real-time syncing (gluster)
- Secured and optimized a database server (mysql)
- Applied a static caching layer to WordPress to optimize CPU performance
- Siege tested the setup for expected performance
- Went from 20 concurrent users to almost 300
- Kept costs low
- Has built WordPress themes from scratch
- Has built a dynamic multi-layered client questionnaire
- Provided ecommerce application support and payment gateway integration
- SEO support
- Continuous integration
- Migration of existing Blogger blog, to the WordPress platform at a new domain, including 301 redirects, and Blogger integrations. Old posts were linked to the new domain.
- The MT main (WWW) site was hosted on a Shopatron e-commerce platform, so global site elements (Nav) and styles were synchronized down to Blog with Cron.
- Migrated NSE’s existing static HTML based workflow to WordPress.
- Custom surgical photo gallery ingest software was created and evolved over many iterations.
- Work was mainly based around WordPress developments and front-end support.
- Added new style and designs to Ruby on Rails apps, along side full stack Rails developers.
- Provided “user ability” testing and reports toward scope analysis as to guide full stack developers in creating tests for larger rails apps.
Minneapolis College of Art and Design
Programming Langauges & Procifiences