Jacob Nollette :: Systems Engineer
Jacob Nollette (no-let) is a creative developer with full stack enthusiasm. Strengths span from developing front-end responsiveness, back-end applications, and administering Linux server. Excels with Linux systems, WordPress, providing SEO, and media production.
- Develops WordPress
- Search engine optimization
- Social media integrations
- Project management
- Agile story writing
- Version control (GIT)
- Linux server automation
- Standing up and maintaining Linux hosts and PHP WordPress Environments
- Securing and administering data lakes and backup retention policies
- Securing and administering IAM, KMS, and RSA credentials across multiple public cloud vendors, and multiple teams of developers
- Providing support for GitLab and Container Registry
- Provided support for continuous integration, testing, and deployment pipelines
- Maintaining and reporting monolith web applications, services, and static caches, and identifying performance characteristics
- Budgeting and optimizing multitenant server deployments
- Supporting physical office WAPs, network VLANS, and VPN for super secure developer network
- Skills with Ubuntu, MacOS, PFSense, FreeNAS, Docker, Gitlab, and LEMP
- Has worked as a WordPress developer, with additional use of PHP for other application to supplement.
- LEMP (NGINX) and/or LAMP (Apache) hosting on Ubuntu or Debian.
- Docker containerization
- Capastrano continuous integration
- Configured a load balanced server setup with (nginx)
- Used network shared file system for real-time syncing (gluster)
- Secured and optimized a database server (mysql)
- Applied a static caching layer to WordPress to optimize CPU performance
- Siege tested the setup for expected performance
- Went from 20 concurrent users to almost 300
- Kept costs low
- Has built WordPress themes from scratch
- Has built a dynamic multi-layered client questionnaire
- Provided ecommerce application support and payment gateway integration
- SEO support
- Continuous integration
- Migration of existing Blogger blog, to the WordPress platform at a new domain, including 301 redirects, and Blogger integrations. Old posts were linked to the new domain.
- The MT main (WWW) site was hosted on a Shopatron e-commerce platform, so global site elements (Nav) and styles were synchronized down to Blog with Cron.
- Migrated NSE’s existing static HTML based workflow to WordPress.
- Custom surgical photo gallery ingest software was created and evolved over many iterations.
- Work was mainly based around WordPress developments and front-end support.
- Added new style and designs to Ruby on Rails apps, along side full stack Rails developers.
- Provided “user ability” testing and reports toward scope analysis as to guide full stack developers in creating tests for larger rails apps.
Coursework toward Bachelor of Fine Arts: Interactive Media
Minneapolis College of Art and Design
Programming Languages and Proficiencies